Monday, January 12, 2009

Small Step Forward

My girlfriend took an interesting small step in being "out" in public this weekend. I wanted to browse Barnes and Noble, and we were browsing and we found the gay and lesbian section. And she actually STOOD THERE while i thumbed through books. Then i started reading lesbian erotica, and OMG! I started reading some of it out loud to her and she didn't smack me! Then I got embarrassed cause....DAMN! lol. That crap is crazy! Then I caught her looking at all the box sets of L Word, in the wide open space, seeing if we've missed one. Then actually said "I'm seeing if we missed any" OUT LOUD! I WAS ABOUT 10 FEET AWAY! Now to most people this seems funny that i would be so excited about this but believe me, HUGE, HUGE step to me being free. And for Her to not be ashamed of who she is!

No comments:

Post a Comment